What Do We Do?
WORK DONE BY THE NARIMAN POINT ASSOCIATION
With the assistance of the Municipal ‘A’ Ward Office and the Police Department, the Association managed to get five out of the eight footpaths hawker-free and is still continuing to get the remaining three.
Apart from making them hawker-free, the Association also succeeded in persuading most of the Member Societies through the help and guidance of the Municipal ‘A’ Ward Office to beautify the footpath in front of their buildings with flower-beds, pots and other plantations. The face of footpaths has also undergone change through resurfacing and tiling work done by the Municipal ‘A’ Ward Office and by many of our Member Societies themselves.
Today, most of Nariman Point has undergone transformation and we aim to continue our efforts to make this whole area into a greener, cleaner and beautiful commercial hub with the help of the Municipal Corporation, State Government and Member Societies.
With the intention of motivating all it’s member societies to upgrade their premises and create a beautiful and friendly environment, the Association started a competition for the Best Maintained Buildings in Nariman Point. The following criteria were set for evaluation:
– Compound ambience
– Maintaining a Garbage Spot in the premises
– Cleanliness of the staircases and landings
– Maintaining Common Toilets
– Importance given to Greenery and Building Décor
– Security measures taken by the member society
– Fire Fighting and Electrical Systems of the Building
– Courtesy and politeness of staff
All member societies participated with a lot of interest and enthusiasm in the contest which was widely covered by the print and electronic media. The Association plans to hold this contest on an annual basis.As a result of this contest:
– Many of the Societies and Buildings have started budgeting substantially for further improvement of the look and facilities in their premises.
– Undertaking rewiring of cables and wires to prevent electrical short circuit.
– Almost all buildings have installed fire alarm systems and fire fighting equipments.
Some Societies have also started carrying out Fire-Drills on a regular basis.
– Number of Societies have installed CCTV (closed circuit TV) systems.
– Cleanliness, in general, has improved.
– Most of the Society Managers are taking pride in keeping their Societies up-to-date.